The Grant Writing Internship is designed for individuals who wish to gain hands-on experience with nonprofit’s routine written communication. The Intern will work directly with the Director of Development and Marketing to assist with the identification of appropriate grantors and the execution and submission of grant requests, as well as fulfilling reporting requirements for existing funding.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Prospect identification, research, proposal development and writing in conjunction with staff and volunteers
• Initiate and maintain contact with foundations and writing grants for eligible funding
• Draft correspondence, reports, proposals and donor appeals as needed
• Assist with updating and maintaining GV’s database
• Assist with funding outreach and cultivation, track and document communications
• Manage research and substantiation programs such as evaluations
• Possess an interest in grant writing
• Strong communication skills – particularly for corporate communication
• Unimpeachable ethical standards and personal integrity
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of accounting principles
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Demonstrated desire to learn and ability to work in a multi-faceted capacity
To apply, click “Apply Now”. Please include your cover letter, resume, and the completed supplemental questionnaire.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.