Learn, Connect, & Take Action!
Our 14 week Pro-Justice Leadership Program program is designed to equip youth with the tools to be active leaders in their local and global communities.
We have one cohort this year – Winter Cohort
December 12th, 2023 – March 13th, 2024
This program includes an orientation, three social justice workshops, up to 18 hours of 1-on-1 Spanish lessons, 12-24 volunteer hours, and optional fundraising workshops and support.
Join us for an information night! RSVP here
Early Bird Deadline ($25 off) – October 16, 2023
Application Deadline – October 30, 2023
Early Bird Deadline: October 16, 2023
Application Deadline: October 30, 2023
Acceptance Notification: November 3, 2023
Orientation*: December 12, 2023 *Parents and participants and required to attend this meeting.
Fundraising Workshop (optional): November 15, 2023
Social Justice Workshop # 1: January 17, 2024
Social Justice Workshop # 2: February 7, 2024
Social Justice Workshop # 3: March 13 2024
MLK Service Day: January 15, 2024
Volunteer Service Day: February 10, 2024, 10am-1pm
Volunteer Service Day: March 9, 2024, 10am-1pm
Spanish lessons schedule is coordinated with students individually.
- Connect with a cohort of globally-minded youth from around Seattle.
- Improve your Spanish language skills through up to 15 hours of 1-on-1 Spanish lessons with a Guatemalan Spanish teacher, personalized to fit your language proficiency level and interests.
- Earn 12-24 volunteer hours through local volunteer opportunities.
- Engage in monthly youth-led social justice workshops where you will explore topics and practical issues such as: systems of oppression, anti-racism, identity, legacies of imperialism and colonization, intersectionality, and allyship/accompliceship.
- Build meaningful relationships through cross-cultural exchange with peers in Guatemala.
- Structured fundraising support for program costs to take ownership of your experience and share your work with your community.
We are now accepting application for the 2023-24 Pro Justice Leadership Program
Apply by October 16th to receive $25 off your program cost!
Pro Justice Leadership Program Application Steps:
- Recommended: Attend a Virtual Information Night to learn more about the program
- Complete the application by the application deadline.
- Submit your deposit by the application deadline. These deposits will go toward your program fees if accepted to the program and will be returned to you within 30 business days if you are not accepted to the program.
- If requesting financial aid, please submit your most current IRS tax forms (1040 or other) You will have the option to upload a digital copy of your financial information in the application.
Deposit: $20 for those requesting financial aid OR $40 for those not requesting financial aid
To pay via Debit/Credit Card or eCheck click here
You can also mail application materials (Tax Forms, Deposits, etc.) to the corresponding address:
“Global Visionaries Program Application (Applicant’s Name Here)”
2524 16th Ave. S, Seattle, WA 98144
Allow one week to process application forms and supplementary materials
The information below will help you estimate your total program cost.
Program cost is based on a sliding scale in order to increase equity and accessibility of our program. Our scale is base on program cohort, household income, and family size.
While we cannot guarantee a specific amount of financial aid, we are committed to working with every family to make our program accessible and affordable. Please contact our program staff at email@example.com to discuss your situation, even if you feel that you do not qualify for financial aid.
If parents are separated or divorced, and you are applying for financial aid, please provide financial information for the person who claims the child on their tax forms.
Pro Justice Leadership Program Cost
Total Program Cost: $1,280
The table below estimates financial aid amount and program cost based on household income.
ESTIMATED PROGRAM COST
Global Visionaries works closely with youth and families to provide structured fundraising opportunities. These opportunities include: Guatemalan Coffee, Guatemalan Cookbook, and GV Reusable Mug sales, along with Wreath & Garland sales in the winter and Letter Writing campaigns year-round. GV staff will support you to raise 30% or more of your program fees.
Global Visionaries believes in student-led fundraising because: 1) fundraising empowers youth to take ownership of their experience, and 2) fundraising lifts the financial burden off of parents.
Please join us at a Fundraising Workshop to learn more about what options are available to you. See the “Important Program Dates” tab for details.
Learn more about our Guatemalan Immersion, Pro-Justice Leadership & Cultural Immersion Programs! Students and parents/guardians are welcome!
Upcoming Online Information Nights:
10/04 (Zoom), 7:00-8:30pm
10/12 (Zoom), 7:00-8:30pm
10/17 (Zoom), 7:00-8:30pm
RSVP for Online Information Night HERE
Upcoming In Person Information Nights:
Did you miss the Informational Sessions? Watch a recorded session here.
Pro-Justice Leadership & Cultural Immersion Programs