Learn, Connect, & Take Action!
Our 12 week Pro Justice Leadership Program program is designed to equip youth with the tools to be active leaders in their local and global communities.
We have one cohort this year – Winter Cohort: December 2, 2021 – March 9, 2022.
These programs include an orientation, three social justice workshops, 12-18 Hours of Spanish lessons, and 12-24 volunteer hours, optional fundraising workshops and support.
Did you miss the Informational Session? Watch a recorded session here.
Early Bird Deadline: October 11, 2021
Application Deadline: October 25, 2021
Acceptance Notification: October 29, 2021
Orientation*: December 2, 2021 *Parents and participants and required to attend this meeting.
Fundraising Workshop (optional): November 15, 2021
Social Justice Workshop # 1: January 12, 2022
Social Justice Workshop # 2: February 9, 2022
Social Justice Workshop # 3: March 9, 2022
Volunteer Days** TBD **We will communicate this dates as soon as available.
Spanish lessons schedule is coordinated with students individually
- Improve your Spanish language skills through 12 hours minimum or up to 18 hours, of 1-on-1 Spanish lessons with a Guatemalan Spanish teacher, personalized to fit your language proficiency level and interests.
- Earn 12-24 volunteer hours through virtual and in-person (socially-distanced) volunteer opportunities.
- Structured fundraising support for program costs to take ownership of your experience and share your work with your community.
- Engage in monthly youth-led social justice workshops where you will explore topics and practical issues such as: systems of oppression, anti-racism, identity, legacies of imperialism and colonization, intersectionality, and allyship/accompliceship.
- Connect with a cohort of globally-minded youth from around Seattle.
- Build meaningful relationships through cross-cultural exchange with peers in Guatemala.
- A cohort of globally-minded youth from around Seattle
- Monthly social justice workshops centered on local & global issues, including Beyond Guilt Trips book discussion
- 1-on-1 Spanish classes with a Guatemalan Spanish teacher
- Virtual meet-ups with Guatemalan peers
- Volunteer opportunities
- Fundraising support
We are now accepting application for the 2021-22 Pro Justice Leadership Program
Apply by October 11th to receive $25 of your program cost!
Pro Justice Leadership Program Application Steps:
- Recommended: Attend a Virtual Information Night to learn more about the program
- Complete the application by the application deadline.
- Submit your deposit by the application deadline. These deposits will go toward your program fees if accepted to the program and will be returned to you within 30 business days if you are not accepted to the program.
- If requesting financial aid, please submit your most current IRS tax forms (1040 or other) You will have the option to upload a digital copy of your financial information in the application.
Deposit: $20 for those requesting financial aid OR $40 for those not requesting financial aid
To pay via Debit/Credit Card or eCheck click here
You can also mail application materials (Tax Forms, Deposits, etc.) to the corresponding address:
“Global Visionaries Program Application (Applicant’s Name Here)”
2524 16th Ave. S, Seattle, WA 98144
Allow one week to process application forms and supplementary materials
The information below will help you estimate your total program cost.
Program cost is based on a sliding scale in order to increase equity and accessibility of our program. Our scale is base on program cohort, household income, and family size.
While we cannot guarantee a specific amount of financial aid, we are committed to working with every family to make our program accessible and affordable. Please contact our program staff, firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your situation, even if you feel that you do not qualify for financial aid.
If parents are separated or divorced, and you are applying for financial aid, please provide financial information for the person who claims the child on their tax forms.
Pro Justice Leadership Program Cost
Total Program Cost: $1,280
The table below estimates financial aid amount and program cost based on household income.
ESTIMATED SCHOLARSHIP PACKAGE
ESTIMATED PROGRAM COST
Global Visionaries works closely with youth and families to provide structured fundraising opportunities. These opportunities include: Guatemalan Coffee, Guatemalan Cookbook, and GV Reusable Mug sales, along with Wreath & Garland sales in the winter and Letter Writing campaigns year-round. GV staff will support you to raise 30% or more of your program fees.
Global Visionaries believes in student-led fundraising because: 1) fundraising empowers youth to take ownership of their experience, and 2) fundraising lifts the financial burden off of parents.
Please join us at a Fundraising Workshop to learn more about what options are available to you. See the “Important Program Dates” tab for details.
Pro-Justice Leadership & Cultural Immersion Programs