The Development Internship is designed for an individual who wishes to gain hands-on experience with an annual appeal fundraising campaign and grant research/writing. The Intern will work directly with the Co-Executive Director, Development & Operations to help organize and implement our annual appeal (Oct – Dec), help organize and implement our annual Auction & Gala event (Jan - May), research and cultivate supporters, manage the organization’s donor databases, track and evaluate fundraising efforts. NOTE - Intern will work remotely at least for the fall, until otherwise adjusted. Internship can be Oct - Dec or Jan - May or a combination of dates.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the delivery of development plans, donor events, social marketing and other activities
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external use
- Assist with updating and maintaining GV’s database, donor files and other development materials
- Conduct research on individual, foundation, and corporate donors
- (Sept-Dec) Collaborate and create email and mailed appeal letter and social media plan
- (Sept-Dec) Research and identify grant prospects and collaborate on grant writing
- (Jan-May) Participate in Gala Planning Committee
- (Jan-May) Coordinate and manage auction procurement
- Possess an interest in a nonprofit career, particularly development and fundraising
- Strong communication skills – particularly for corporate communication
- High ethical standards and personal integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated desire to learn and ability to work in a multi-faceted capacity
- Creative, genuine, and positive mindset
To apply, click "Apply Now". Please include your cover letter, and resume.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.