The Development Internship is designed for individual who wish to gain hands-on experience with nonprofit’s events and fundraising developments. The Intern will work directly with the Director of Development to research and cultivate supporters, manage the organization’s donor databases, track and evaluate fundraising efforts, and organize events.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in the delivery of development plans, donor events, and other activities
• Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external use
• Assist with updating and maintaining GV’s database
• Manage donor files and other development materials
• Assist with researching state and federal regulations regarding donor solicitation and general development efforts (e.g. auctions)
• Conduct research on individual, foundation, and corporate donors
• Drive positioning and packaging for corporate sponsorships
• Possess an interest in a nonprofit career, particularly development and fundraising
• Strong communication skills – particularly for corporate communication
• Unimpeachable ethical standards and personal integrity
• Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of accounting principles
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Demonstrated desire to learn and ability to work in a multi-faceted capacity
• Creative, genuine, and positive mindset
To apply, click “Apply Now”. Please include your cover letter, resume, and the completed supplemental questionnaire.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.